[squeak-dev] Unity Happens One Step at a Time (was Re: Porting my programs from Squeak 3.10.2 to 3.5)

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Sep 27 09:25:42 UTC 2020

Hi Jakob

An update for your instructions for non-windows users.

- Press shift+return, type vmExecutableName and open the method

WindowsResolver>>#vmExecutableName.

- Change WindowsResolver>>#vmExecutableName to return 'Squeak.exe'.

Is

- Press shift+return, type vmExecutableName and open the method

UnixResolver>>#vmExecutableName.

- Change UnixResolver>>#vmExecutableName to return 'squeak'.

I found an "interesting" side effect.

I had hoped to have a squeaklauncher and a pharolauncher coexist as separate apps.

However, after I got squeakluancher running, my pharolauncher was launching the squeaklauncher.

The two executables where in completely separate directories

/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/squeaklauncher

and

/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/pharolauncher

re-installs of PharoLauncher only confused matters.

It appears that the Settings are shared "globally" somehow. I could not find a file that stored them.

Meager attempts to get it to launch both kinds of images failed.

anyhoo, thanks for your work.