[squeak-dev] We need an Applications tab on squeak.org

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Sep 28 22:49:15 UTC 2020

> On 2020-09-28, at 3:24 PM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Alright, I see that, too. Hm ... can we maybe add another tab that is reserved for tools? :-)

> Von: Squeak-dev <squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org> im Auftrag von Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com>
>

> -1.  The Projects page is for outside readers' interest -- e.g. "reasons to get into Squeak".  Small tools like these would bog it down, IMO.

Perhaps a split along the lines of "this is cool stuff people are doing with Squeak, take a look" and "here are cool tools and packages to peek at".

For example, NuScratch is the former. My weather station project might be as well - but the mqtt & dials and & plotmorph extensions are definitely the latter.

tim
Strange OpCodes: MTP: MounT Programmer