[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2021

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Apr 6 10:50:39 UTC 2021

Hi Patrick, hi Ron, hi all! :-)

I would like to continue serving on the Squeak Oversight Board in 2021!

Looking back on 2020, there were some noteworthy events where I was able to contribute a little something to Squeak's ecosystem and its community.

First, my role as a shepherd for inbox contributions got more serious and fun, nonetheless due to Christoph's (ct) numerous ideas:

http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-tp5114974.html [http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-tp5114974.html]

http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Fixes-for-debugger-invocation-during-code-simulation-tp5127684.html [http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Fixes-for-debugger-invocation-during-code-simulation-tp5127684.html]

In the beginning of 2020, I helped Hannes (hjh) getting the 5.3 release out into the wild:

http://forum.world.st/Brief-update-on-the-Squeak-5-3-release-schedule-td5112129.html [http://forum.world.st/Brief-update-on-the-Squeak-5-3-release-schedule-td5112129.html]

http://forum.world.st/ANN-Squeak-5-3-released-www-squeak-org-Trunk-open-again-tp5112795.html [http://forum.world.st/ANN-Squeak-5-3-released-www-squeak-org-Trunk-open-again-tp5112795.html]

There were a few events, where I thought that it would be nice to involve the Squeak community a little bit more:

http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Winter-Demos-2021-03-06-3-p-m-6-p-m-CET-virtual-tp5126913.html [http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Winter-Demos-2021-03-06-3-p-m-6-p-m-CET-virtual-tp5126913.html]

http://forum.world.st/CfP-Programming-Experience-Workshop-PX-21-tp5126609.html [http://forum.world.st/CfP-Programming-Experience-Workshop-PX-21-tp5126609.html]

A serious portion of my spring/summer time went into understanding and (hopefully) improving Squeak's FFI, keeping an eye on tool support. After the next iteration on FFI-Pools, I wrote my first bigger commentary on that spanning multiple class comments:

http://forum.world.st/FFI-FFI-Pools-mt-18-mcz-td5117607.html [http://forum.world.st/FFI-FFI-Pools-mt-18-mcz-td5117607.html]

In general, I am interested in restructuring and cleaning up the system to improve modularity and readability:

http://forum.world.st/Proposal-Geometry-Classes-tp5093998p5127584.html [http://forum.world.st/Proposal-Geometry-Classes-tp5093998p5127584.html]

http://forum.world.st/Proposal-Resetting-pragma-preferences-via-nil-or-reset-message-tp5123490.html [http://forum.world.st/Proposal-Resetting-pragma-preferences-via-nil-or-reset-message-tp5123490.html]

http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Morphic-mt-1732-mcz-td5127408.html [http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Morphic-mt-1732-mcz-td5127408.html]

Occasionally, crazy ideas and other projects pop up:

http://forum.world.st/Collections-Streams-About-enumerating-a-sequence-up-to-a-matching-query-td5127541.html [http://forum.world.st/Collections-Streams-About-enumerating-a-sequence-up-to-a-matching-query-td5127541.html]

http://forum.world.st/ANN-MessageSendRecorder-and-MethodWrappers-GitHub-tp5120077.html [http://forum.world.st/ANN-MessageSendRecorder-and-MethodWrappers-GitHub-tp5120077.html]

***

Happy Squeaking everybody! :-)

Best,