[squeak-dev] "Browse revisions" server error for long methods

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri Apr 16 23:17:28 UTC 2021

The problem is that the service is implemented as a GET request instead
of a POST or PUT request, so data can only be encoded in the URL.
Like most web servers, nginx has an upper limit on the length of the URLs
accepted (though it's implicit in case of nginx).
And even though the accepted maximum length could be increased, there
would still be cases where the error occurs.
The right solution is to implement this as a POST or a PUT service.

Levente