[squeak-dev] Squeak 6.0 alpha-20601 browsing revisions fails because of wrong class of requestor

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:59:41 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

> On Aug 25, 2021, at 10:18 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-08-25, at 5:16 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim --
>>
>> Please update your image and see if it got fixed. :-)
>
> [snip] ... Pragmas do something similar; an interesting idea for annotating code and then no tool(s) that make it easy to work out what is going on.

I think the issue here is a lack of documentation, not a lack of tools.  Pragmas are essentially complete.  There may be a need to provide a visitor that is parameterized by classes & pragma selector set, but this is easily synthesized given standard code.  But having a good set of documented patterns would help.  I commit to writing a page for the HelpBrowser on pragmas if you think such a page would address your concerns adequately.