[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-mt.1263.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Dec 3 10:41:29 UTC 2021

Am 03.12.2021 11:36:52 schrieb commits at source.squeak.org <commits at source.squeak.org>:
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-mt.1263.mcz

Name: System-mt.1263
Author: mt
Time: 3 December 2021, 11:36:33.507016 am
UUID: 4ab14722-538d-3a4b-81a5-84ddac50ce97
Ancestors: System-mt.1262

Next iteration on information the user of conflicts with known author initials:

- Avoid suggesting "firstname.lastname" but just "a little longer" because we cannot guarantee the absence of name collisions.

- Only show the new dialog if there is any conflict.

- Do not clear the initials if you cancel the dialog.

=============== Diff against System-mt.1262 ===============

Item was changed:
----- Method: Utilities class>>setAuthorInitials (in category 'identification') -----
setAuthorInitials
"Put up a dialog allowing the user to specify the author's initials. Inform the user about collisions with known contributors. See SystemNavigation class >> #authors. "

| newInitials newName |
newInitials := Project uiManager
request: 'Please type your initials:' translated
initialAnswer: AuthorInitials.
+ newInitials ifEmpty: [^ self "No Change"].

+ (SystemNavigation authorsInverted at: newInitials ifPresent: [:existingNames |
+ newName := existingNames sorted joinSeparatedBy: '/'.
- SystemNavigation authorsInverted at: newInitials ifPresent: [:existingNames |
- newName := existingNames sorted joinSeparatedBy: '/'].

+ (self confirm: ('Hello, {1}!! :-)

Our list of known contributors associates the initials you
have entered with this name. If this is not you, please
consider alternative initials, preferably more than just
a few characters, to avoid collisions. [code://{3}]

Do you want to use these author initials?

{2}' translated format: {
- (self confirm: ('Hello, {1}!! :-)

Our list of known contributors associates the initials you
have entered with this name. If this is not you, please
consider entering alternative initials, preferably in the
format firstName.lastName to avoid collisions. [code://{3}]

Are these your author initials?

{2}' translated format: {
newName ifNil: [newInitials].
newInitials.
'SystemReporter open model categoryAt: 1 put: true'.
Preferences standardButtonFont familyName.
Preferences standardButtonFont pointSize.
"mt: Avoid triggering the Windows Defender. See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2021-December/217346.html"
+ 'a' }) asTextFromHtml) ] ifAbsent: [true])
+ ifTrue: [self authorInitials: newInitials].!
- 'a' }) asTextFromHtml)
-
- ifTrue: [self authorInitials: newInitials].!