[squeak-dev] File Handles and globalSessionID troubles

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 13:31:59 UTC 2021

Hi Tom,

I got a bug report for Squot that a Git pack file could not be opened
although it exists, and retrying the file open from the debugger succeeds.
This was on Mac OS. Do you think this could be related?

By the way, if primitiveOpenFile fails, what means do we have in Squeak to
determine the cause (except for guessing and checking whether the file
exists afterwards)?

Kind regards,
Jakob