[squeak-dev] Merge Request: autoEncloseBeforeSpace.cs

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 6 22:08:44 UTC 2021

> On 2021-12-06, at 1:45 PM, mail at jaromir.net wrote:
>
> Like "commenting" inside a comment? Does it makes sense?

Not within Smalltalk code; you'd effectively be uncommenting stuff you wanted commented out.
Consider

"this is my comment about commenting using "double quotes" for comments"

The double quotes is now active code. Imagine the fun possibilities that provides. Of course, the Shout highlighter will show it as not-comment, but that can be very difficult to spot in certain theme/screen/colour-blindness mixes. I've been adding
		set: #comment for: #SHTextStylerST80 to: {Color cyan muchDarker. TextEmphasis italic};
in SqueakTheme class>>#addSyntaxHighlighting: to help with that.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Illiud Latine dici non potest = You can't say that in Latin.