[squeak-dev] Changeset: Deprecate SyntaxErrorNotification >> #errorMessage

marcel.taeumel at hpi.de marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Dec 8 15:15:23 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph --

I think that #errorMessage, #errorClass, and #errorCode might all be useful when deriving a #messageText. Do you still think it is a good idea to drop #errorMessage in favor of #messageText? Well, the current implementation of #messageText reads that #errorCode is a good #messageText. This information would get lost.

In this example, #errorMessage is very different from #errorCode (i.e. #messageText):

Compiler evaluate: '((((('

errorMessage:  'expression expected'
errorCode:  a Text for '((((("expression expected ->"'

Best,
Marcel