[squeak-dev] Merge Request: autoEncloseBeforeSpace.cs

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Dec 22 20:01:33 UTC 2021

I don't think there are any keys (outside of the small list of control keys such as backspace, arrow-X and maybe one or two others that escape me right now) that should have any meta effect on their own. If I type a { then it should obey the standard rules - which really haven't needed any notable change since Larry Tesler came up with them circa 1978 (?) - of replacing the selection. cmd=[ can do whatever is needed since it is a command.

If you really want to mess around with this kind of thing I'd suggest making a proper config tool that let's you configure every available key and meta combination, with saveable mappings attached to the prefs so you can have whatever you personally want.

BBEdit has one such tool -

tim
Mommy!  The cursor's winking at me!