[squeak-dev] Writing World to file fails because ReferenceStream>project is nil

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 27 01:24:08 UTC 2021

Whilst looking to fix something else, I came across TheWorldMenu>>#saveWorldInFile. When trying it (World Menu->changes->save world as morph file) the code fails because HandMorph>>#objectForDataStream: sends
`refStrm project world hands`
and refStrm project is nil. I very faintly recall some work having been done to change World/Project stuff, so maybe that missed handling this method.

Also, when I tried with a debugger open there was as different issue relating to the selected context in the debugger not being in the ImageSegment, for whatever that is worth.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 4) "This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual M1 processors if I am to do battle with  this code!"