[squeak-dev] Survey | Global save-image shortcut cmd+shift+s? Masks "insert 'self' "

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Dec 29 13:01:45 UTC 2021

Hi Jakob, hi Jaromir --

Those are all valid points. Thanks. And most importantly, cmd+shift+s invokes pretty-print on the text selection, which evaluates to "self" for an empty selection. :-D

Compiler new formatNoPattern: '' environment: nil

So, I guess we will not change cmd+shift+s for now? At least, it is no global shortcut. Thus, applications are free to re-define it.

Any other ideas on how to make cmd+[ available on non-US layouts?

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: Jaromir, cmd+... is ctrl+... or alt+... on Windows or Linux platforms. See KeyboardEvent >> #checkCommandKey for more information.