[squeak-dev] ChangeSorter preamble eating seems to break broken

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Dec 31 09:04:53 UTC 2021

Hi Tim --

Hopefully fixed in Tools-mt.1099 (Trunk).

Best,
Marcel
Am 30.12.2021 21:50:01 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 2021-12-30, at 1:05 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim --
>
> > Marcel, what was your intent for that change?
>
> It was gone by accident. I wanted to minimize the interaction/clicks when working/managing change sets.

Ah, right. I can see why you might want that.

> Could we spawn an extra window just like with "postscripts"? (Yellow-click on change set, edit/add potsscript, new window appears)

Well oddly enough, the (unused) ChangeSorter>>#editPreamble method purports to do just that. In ChangeSorter>>#unshiftedChangeSetMenu: it looks as if at one point the expectation was to send it but #addPreamble got used instead. No idea why.

However, it looks like it it really easy to solve this. The problem is that ChangeSorter>>#addPreamble has been using the massive hammer of `self showChangeSet: myChangeSet` since 1999 when al that is required is
`               self changed: #messageList.
                self setContents.
                self contentsChanged`

Try this -

tim