[squeak-dev] Context >> #tempNamed:(put:)

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Feb 1 16:40:34 UTC 2021

Hi all,

please forgive me for pushing this proposal again after 13 months :-)

Three questions here for everyone to answer:

1. What do you think about the proposal in general? Is it worth merging it
into the Trunk? (Personally, I like to use it nearly every day ...)
2. If you have no objections, what keeps us from merging it? :-)
3. Naming battle: #tempNamed:[put:] vs #tempVarNamed:[put:]?

Side note: If we get this into Trunk, we can also use it in Compiler to
produce more comprehensible #DoItIn: methods, for instance, "(ThisContext
tempNamed: 'failBlock') value" instead of "(ThisContext namedTempAt: 2)
value" - provided that sources are available.

Best,
Christoph

-----
Carpe Squeak!