[squeak-dev] Cannot read 4.3 image on Raspberry Pi

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Tue Feb 2 16:23:34 UTC 2021

There are 3 axes at least here for linux

1. CPU (includes 32/64 bit)
2. OS
3. Distribution

All three have to line up for someone to go from a git checkout to a build on an ARM or x86 linux version.  So my little hint works correctly on RaspberryPI OS and most other Debian based systems.  And not on others.

Maybe we should separate out the build instructions into two files?

The current build instructions file which references a pre-requisites file or files.

I don't like the additional complexity, but, I'd really like the files to be short.  I have found over the years that line 25 is the first line not read in the README.  For the few that will read the files you have to get all the important info in the first few lines of any instructions.