[squeak-dev] NuScratch for Squeak 5.3 - and now in exciting 64 bit flavour!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 21 02:12:46 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 04:24:18PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 2021-02-20, at 3:29 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to try NuScratch on my AMD Linux box, can you remind me what pango
> > and/or cairo development libraries you installed for the UnicodePlugin? Some
> > magic apt-get commands I presume.
>
> On the Pi it looks like
> sudo apt-get install  libcairo2-dev libpango1.0-dev mesa-common-dev
> should do it, though Subbu also suggested libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx instead of mesa-common-dev.
>
> I'm not completely sure which choice is better; I had 'fun' with the directory naming clash for the glib includes, something that still needs a proper resolution

Thanks. I installed libcairo2-dev libpango1.0-dev mesa-common-dev which
now gives me a UnicodePlugin for the interpreter VM build, so I think
these are the necessary libraries. The Spur VM build is still excluding
the plugin due to something in the configure step. If I figure it out
I'll report back, probably not tonight though :-/

Dave