[squeak-dev] NuScratch for Squeak 5.3 - and now in exciting 64 bit flavour!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 21 02:32:03 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 09:12:46PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 04:24:18PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> >

> > > On 2021-02-20, at 3:29 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to try NuScratch on my AMD Linux box, can you remind me what pango
> > > and/or cairo development libraries you installed for the UnicodePlugin? Some
> > > magic apt-get commands I presume.
> >
> > On the Pi it looks like
> > sudo apt-get install  libcairo2-dev libpango1.0-dev mesa-common-dev
> > should do it, though Subbu also suggested libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx instead of mesa-common-dev.
> >
> > I'm not completely sure which choice is better; I had 'fun' with the directory naming clash for the glib includes, something that still needs a proper resolution
> >

> Thanks. I installed libcairo2-dev libpango1.0-dev mesa-common-dev which
> now gives me a UnicodePlugin for the interpreter VM build, so I think
> these are the necessary libraries. The Spur VM build is still excluding
> the plugin due to something in the configure step. If I figure it out
> I'll report back, probably not tonight though :-/
>
> Dave

I think there must be something about hitting <send> on an email that
causes problems to magically solve themselves.

I just copied the UnicodePlugin from my interpreter VM build into the
Spur VM folder, and now NuScratch is running on my amd64 Linux PC.

I'll worry about the configure issues some other day, right now I'm
happy to confirm that NuScratch is running on my PC :-)

Dave