[squeak-dev] Unix keyboard events lose track when multiple keys pressed or keys held down

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 17 19:10:34 UTC 2021

> On 2021-01-17, at 8:30 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> I don't have a Pi to check, but most likely there is a unix shell
> script somewhere, such as /usr/bin/scratch, that runs the VM and brings
> up the Scratch image. If so, then you can add "unset LC_ALL" to the
> script, and I expect that Scratch will be happy again.

I suspect that some of the 'enhanced initial setup' tools that have been added may well cause the setting of the local stuff. The problem I see with unsetting LC_ALL is that it would likely break the handling of any non-english systems. Which would definitely be an issue.

Good experiment to try  though.

tim
Useful random insult:- If his IQ was two points higher he'd be a rock.