[squeak-dev] Loading OMeta2 into Squeak 6.0Alpha?

Michał Olszewski m.olszewski at nexat.pl
Thu Jul 8 12:23:55 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'd like to load OMeta2 package into Squeak 6.0 alpha (version 20582. 64
bit) but I'm having issue with that.

Attempting to load OMeta2.mcm results in
UndefinedObject>>findNextHandlerContextStarting (As result of
#OMeta2Fail). It seems like exception handling mechanism attempts to
access sender but the sender is nil. I tried also to load manually
OMeta2-Preload-hmm.14.mcz (which works), then OMeta2-Postload-hmm12.mcz
but the same error happens.

I recall, in Squeak5.3, this wasn't happening but further errors were
related with Compiler interface. I managed to fix that, by adding
Parser's method to #OMeta2Compiler. Unfortunalely there were even more
of these, which I could not fix.

Is there any way to make it work? The package works fine in Squeak 4.3
but I want to work in newer versions...

PS. The image is fresh, I didn't even use Preference Wizard. My OS is
Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Michał