[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Inbox Talk - bringing squeak-dev into your image

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jul 15 10:52:07 UTC 2021

Hi David,

> Test from Solaris 11.3 from within Squeak.

Yahoo! :-)

> System ct.1240 in the Monticello browser.

Yes, this is the conventional way to load inbox versions in Squeak. With Squeak Inbox Talk, you could also have done it like this:

1. Press "Refresh" to update the list
2. Choose "The Inbox: System-ct.1240.mcz"
3. "Browse contribution" > "Inspect version" > "Load" (or "Merge" to avoid the unsaved changes warning)

But glad it worked for you. :-) I was not aware that even the username can be optional - the RFC does not mention authentication at all. I now have made the username optional as well in the new inbox version System-ct.1241.

> I'll continue to send PGP signed messages from outside Squeak nevertheless.

Well, personally, I don't like all the long signatures flooding over the mailing list, but this is a personal decision. :-) Maybe someone else might feel like adding PGP support to the mail editor someday later. :-)

> In case you would get email (from me or somebody who pretends it is me), telling you , that you know nothing about Smalltalk programming, don't assume the message is authentic.

But why should anyone try to steal your identity on this list?

> this Mail Editor (which may perhaps already exist for a long time ?

Yep, I have only integrated it into Squeak Inbox Talk. I hope I'll be able to contribute support for HTML messages soon, too. :-)

Thanks again and all the best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk