[squeak-dev] Documenting the system
ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Jul 16 15:49:44 UTC 2021
Hope everyone is doing well.
How do we document Squeak? There are class comments (mostly), there are
books and papers, but when we want to develop a detailed spec about
something, what is the best way to do that?
1. We need something that is easy enough for people to contribute.
2. Something that is easily maintained and modified
3. Something that is collaborative
4. Something that is easily discoverable
5. Something that is not easily ignored
6. Something that can be tested!
7. Something that can be versioned
There are existing options like our swiki and github readme, or github
There are third party tools available (https://readthedocs.org/) or (
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/) which may be good but raise the bar
Maybe a loadable package that includes searchable documentation and tests.
An Active Essay? (
How do we, as a community, want to do docs?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev