[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Inbox Talk - bringing squeak-dev into your image

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Jul 17 19:25:33 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the fast fix. Filtering works now.

I only saw your mail now because refreshing did not work for me. I refreshed several times. It did pick up one message with the subject 'Documenting the system' but not yours and David’s about Squeak Inbox Talk.

When I clicked on Beta Version > clear all caches another debugger opened with the message 'The author-key normalization is limited. Please run #deriveRulesForAuthorKeyNormalization.‘

I wonder what that is and why that happens? I am not sure how best to proceed.

Cheers,
Bernhard

17 July 2021 9:16:28.570988 pm

VM: Mac OS - Smalltalk
Image: Squeak6.0alpha [latest update: #20587]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-trunk
Trusted Dir /Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-trunk/secure
Untrusted Dir /Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-trunk/My Squeak

SqhMailmanAggregator(Object)>>notify:
Receiver: a SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:
aString: 'The author-key normalization is limited. Please run #deriveRulesForAu...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
mailingLists: #('squeak-dev' 'beginners' 'vm-dev' 'vm-beginners' 'etoys-dev' 's...etc...
showProgress: nil
logOnTranscript: nil
authorInitials: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyNormalization: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyClarification: nil
rulesForAuthorFullNameClarification: nil
dateFilter: nil

[] in SqhMailmanAggregator>>messagesNormalizedDo:
Receiver: a SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:
workBlock: [closure] in SqhMailmanAggregator>>resetCacheForMailMessages
Receiver's instance variables:
mailingLists: #('squeak-dev' 'beginners' 'vm-dev' 'vm-beginners' 'etoys-dev' 's...etc...
showProgress: nil
logOnTranscript: nil
authorInitials: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyNormalization: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyClarification: nil
rulesForAuthorFullNameClarification: nil
dateFilter: nil

Dictionary(Collection)>>ifEmpty:
Receiver: a Dictionary()
Arguments and temporary variables:
aBlock: [closure] in SqhMailmanAggregator>>messagesNormalizedDo:
Receiver's instance variables:
tally: 0
array: #(nil nil nil nil nil)

SqhMailmanAggregator>>messagesNormalizedDo:
Receiver: a SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:
workBlock: [closure] in SqhMailmanAggregator>>resetCacheForMailMessages
Receiver's instance variables:
mailingLists: #('squeak-dev' 'beginners' 'vm-dev' 'vm-beginners' 'etoys-dev' 's...etc...
showProgress: nil
logOnTranscript: nil
authorInitials: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyNormalization: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyClarification: nil
rulesForAuthorFullNameClarification: nil
dateFilter: nil

SqhMailmanAggregator>>resetCacheForMailMessages
Receiver: a SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:
wrappers: a Dictionary()
c: DemoPerson
messages: nil
Receiver's instance variables:
mailingLists: #('squeak-dev' 'beginners' 'vm-dev' 'vm-beginners' 'etoys-dev' 's...etc...
showProgress: nil
logOnTranscript: nil
authorInitials: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyNormalization: nil
rulesForAuthorKeyClarification: nil
rulesForAuthorFullNameClarification: nil
dateFilter: nil

SqhMailmanAggregator class>>resetCacheForMailMessages
Receiver: SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
superclass: Object
methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#aggregateAuthorKeys->(SqhMailmanAggregator>>#ag...etc...
format: 65544
instanceVariables: #('mailingLists' 'showProgress' 'logOnTranscript' 'authorIni...etc...
organization: ('queries' aggregateAuthorKeys aggregateAuthors aggregateMailAddresses...etc...
subclasses: nil
name: #SqhMailmanAggregator
classPool: a Dictionary(#ArchivePath->'/Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-t...etc...
sharedPools: nil
environment: Smalltalk
category: #'SqueakHistory-MailingLists'

SqhMailmanAggregator class>>messages
Receiver: SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
superclass: Object
methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#aggregateAuthorKeys->(SqhMailmanAggregator>>#ag...etc...
format: 65544
instanceVariables: #('mailingLists' 'showProgress' 'logOnTranscript' 'authorIni...etc...
organization: ('queries' aggregateAuthorKeys aggregateAuthors aggregateMailAddresses...etc...
subclasses: nil
name: #SqhMailmanAggregator
classPool: a Dictionary(#ArchivePath->'/Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-t...etc...
sharedPools: nil
environment: Smalltalk
category: #'SqueakHistory-MailingLists'

SqhMailmanAggregator class>>resetCacheForMailInReplyTo
Receiver: SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:
helperCache: nil
Receiver's instance variables:
superclass: Object
methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#aggregateAuthorKeys->(SqhMailmanAggregator>>#ag...etc...
format: 65544
instanceVariables: #('mailingLists' 'showProgress' 'logOnTranscript' 'authorIni...etc...
organization: ('queries' aggregateAuthorKeys aggregateAuthors aggregateMailAddresses...etc...
subclasses: nil
name: #SqhMailmanAggregator
classPool: a Dictionary(#ArchivePath->'/Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-t...etc...
sharedPools: nil
environment: Smalltalk
category: #'SqueakHistory-MailingLists'

SqhMailmanAggregator class>>conversations
Receiver: SqhMailmanAggregator
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
superclass: Object
methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#aggregateAuthorKeys->(SqhMailmanAggregator>>#ag...etc...
format: 65544
instanceVariables: #('mailingLists' 'showProgress' 'logOnTranscript' 'authorIni...etc...
organization: ('queries' aggregateAuthorKeys aggregateAuthors aggregateMailAddresses...etc...
subclasses: nil
name: #SqhMailmanAggregator
classPool: a Dictionary(#ArchivePath->'/Users/bernhard/Entwicklung/Squeak/new-t...etc...
sharedPools: nil
environment: Smalltalk
category: #'SqueakHistory-MailingLists'

TalkMailConversation>>mails
Receiver: TalkMailConversation on: MailWrapper<CAEzdQ-ebWnvE9+f...>
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
wrapper: MailWrapper<CAEzdQ-ebWnvE9+f...>

TalkConversation>>messages
Receiver: a TalkConversation ('[squeak-dev] Documenting the system')
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
mailConversation: TalkMailConversation on: MailWrapper<CAEzdQ-ebWnvE9+f...>

TalkConversation>>latestDate
Receiver: a TalkConversation ('[squeak-dev] Documenting the system')
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
mailConversation: TalkMailConversation on: MailWrapper<CAEzdQ-ebWnvE9+f...>

[] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
Receiver: a TalkInboxBrowser
Arguments and temporary variables:
conversation: a TalkConversation ('[squeak-dev] Documenting the system')
Receiver's instance variables:
dependents: a DependentsArray(a PluggableSystemWindow<Squeak Inbox Talk - squea...etc...
backgroundWorkers: a WeakValueDictionary(#contents->nil #conversations->a Process...etc...
backgroundWorkerUpdateMessages: a SharedQueue(1)
inbox: a TalkInbox<squeak-dev>
searchModel: a TalkTextSearchModel
selectedConversation: nil
allConversations: #()
numberOfConversations: nil
conversations: an OrderedCollection()
menuFilter: a TalkFilterSet
contents: a Text for 'Welcome to Squeak Inbox Talk!

In the last 90 days, the s...etc...

[] in [] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
Receiver: a TalkInboxBrowser
Arguments and temporary variables:
columnBlock: [closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
columnIndex: 1
conversation: a TalkConversation ('[squeak-dev] Documenting the system')
Receiver's instance variables:
dependents: a DependentsArray(a PluggableSystemWindow<Squeak Inbox Talk - squea...etc...
backgroundWorkers: a WeakValueDictionary(#contents->nil #conversations->a Process...etc...
backgroundWorkerUpdateMessages: a SharedQueue(1)
inbox: a TalkInbox<squeak-dev>
searchModel: a TalkTextSearchModel
selectedConversation: nil
allConversations: #()
numberOfConversations: nil
conversations: an OrderedCollection()
menuFilter: a TalkFilterSet
contents: a Text for 'Welcome to Squeak Inbox Talk!

In the last 90 days, the s...etc...

OrderedCollection>>collect:
Receiver: an OrderedCollection(a TalkConversation ('[squeak-dev] Documenting the system') a TalkConversation...etc...
Arguments and temporary variables:
aBlock: [closure] in [] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
newCollection: an OrderedCollection()
index: 615
Receiver's instance variables:
array: {nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil ....etc...
firstIndex: 615
lastIndex: 1275

[] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
Receiver: a TalkInboxBrowser
Arguments and temporary variables:
columnBlock: [closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
columnIndex: 1
Receiver's instance variables:
dependents: a DependentsArray(a PluggableSystemWindow<Squeak Inbox Talk - squea...etc...
backgroundWorkers: a WeakValueDictionary(#contents->nil #conversations->a Process...etc...
backgroundWorkerUpdateMessages: a SharedQueue(1)
inbox: a TalkInbox<squeak-dev>
searchModel: a TalkTextSearchModel
selectedConversation: nil
allConversations: #()
numberOfConversations: nil
conversations: an OrderedCollection()
menuFilter: a TalkFilterSet
contents: a Text for 'Welcome to Squeak Inbox Talk!

In the last 90 days, the s...etc...

Array(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexCollect:
Receiver: {[closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns . [closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns...etc...
Arguments and temporary variables:
elementAndIndexBlock: [closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
result: #(nil nil nil)
index: 1
indexLimiT: 3
Receiver's instance variables:
{[closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns . [closure] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns...etc...

TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
Receiver: a TalkInboxBrowser
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
dependents: a DependentsArray(a PluggableSystemWindow<Squeak Inbox Talk - squea...etc...
backgroundWorkers: a WeakValueDictionary(#contents->nil #conversations->a Process...etc...
backgroundWorkerUpdateMessages: a SharedQueue(1)
inbox: a TalkInbox<squeak-dev>
searchModel: a TalkTextSearchModel
selectedConversation: nil
allConversations: #()
numberOfConversations: nil
conversations: an OrderedCollection()
menuFilter: a TalkFilterSet
contents: a Text for 'Welcome to Squeak Inbox Talk!

In the last 90 days, the s...etc...

PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>getFullList
Receiver: a PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(2530911)
Arguments and temporary variables:
columnIndex: nil
columnIndexLimiT: nil
rowIndex: nil
firstRow: nil
columns: nil
listSize: nil
selector: #conversationColumns
Receiver's instance variables:
bounds: 582 at 205 corner: 1686 at 654
owner: a PluggableSystemWindow<Squeak Inbox Talk - squeak-dev>(2630478)
submorphs: {a TransformMorph(1579066)}
fullBounds: 582 at 205 corner: 1686 at 654
color: Color white
extension: a MorphExtension (2006877) [locked] [other: (textColor -> Color bl...etc...
borderWidth: 1
borderColor: (Color r: 0.368 g: 0.391 b: 0.496)
model: a TalkInboxBrowser
slotName: nil
open: false
scrollBar: a ScrollBar(730638)
scroller: a TransformMorph(1579066)
retractableScrollBar: false
scrollBarOnLeft: false
getMenuSelector: #conversationMenu:
getMenuTitleSelector: nil
hasFocus: false
hScrollBar: a ScrollBar(3118713)
hScrollBarPolicy: #whenNeeded
vScrollBarPolicy: #whenNeeded
scrollBarThickness: 10
list: {an OrderedCollection() . an OrderedCollection() . an OrderedCollection()...etc...
fullList: {an OrderedCollection() . an OrderedCollection() . an OrderedCollection...etc...
modelToView: a Dictionary()
viewToModel: a Dictionary()
getListSelector: #conversationColumns
getListSizeSelector: nil
getListElementSelector: nil
getIndexSelector: #selectedConversationIndex
setIndexSelector: #selectedConversationIndex:
keystrokeActionSelector: nil
autoDeselect: true
lastKeystrokeTime: 0
lastKeystrokes: ''
lastClickTime: nil
doubleClickSelector: #openConversation
handlesBasicKeys: nil
potentialDropRow: nil
hoverRow: 0
listMorph: a LazyListMorph(3695936)
keystrokePreviewSelector: nil
priorSelection: nil
getIconSelector: #conversationIconAtRow:atColumn:
getHelpSelector: #conversationHelpAtRow:atColumn:
listMorphs: an OrderedCollection(a LazyListMorph(3695936) a LazyListMorph(12072...etc...

--- The full stack ---
SqhMailmanAggregator(Object)>>notify:
[] in SqhMailmanAggregator>>messagesNormalizedDo:
Dictionary(Collection)>>ifEmpty:
SqhMailmanAggregator>>messagesNormalizedDo:
SqhMailmanAggregator>>resetCacheForMailMessages
SqhMailmanAggregator class>>resetCacheForMailMessages
SqhMailmanAggregator class>>messages
SqhMailmanAggregator class>>resetCacheForMailInReplyTo
SqhMailmanAggregator class>>conversations
TalkMailConversation>>mails
TalkConversation>>messages
TalkConversation>>latestDate
[] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
[] in [] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
OrderedCollection>>collect:
[] in TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexCollect:
TalkInboxBrowser>>conversationColumns
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>getFullList
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>getFilteredList
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>getList
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>updateListFilter
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>updateList:
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>updateList
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>update:
[] in TalkInboxBrowser(Object)>>changed:
DependentsArray>>do:
TalkInboxBrowser(Object)>>changed:
TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>changed:
TalkInboxBrowser>>changed:
TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>changedDependent:
TalkInboxBrowser>>changedDependent:
[] in TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>changed:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>changed:
TalkInboxBrowser>>changed:
[] in TalkInboxBrowser>>startGatheringConversations
[] in [] in [] in [] in TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>backgroundWorkerFor:do:updating:thenDo:
TalkInboxBrowser(TalkModel)>>stepForBackgroundWorkerAt:
StepMessage(MorphicAlarm)>>value:
[] in WorldState>>runLocalStepMethodsIn:
[] in ActiveWorldVariable class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>ensure:
ActiveWorldVariable class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
[] in ActiveWorldVariable class>>value:during:
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>ensure:
ActiveWorldVariable class>>value:during:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
WorldState>>runLocalStepMethodsIn:
WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
PasteUpMorph>>runStepMethods
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in MorphicProject>>spawnNewProcess
[] in FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>newProcess