[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-ct.1236.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jun 16 11:28:19 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph.

> Do you think we should instead modify StandardSystemView >> #initialFrame to use #currentWorld instead of "nil" or are there any semantic differences?

Yes, I think we should fill those "nil" cases with "self currentWorld". Well, there are of course protocols that work with a morph not being in any world. Yet, there are some protocols that expect a world where "self currentWorld" should be good enough. We should just be careful to not put such morphs into the currentWorld by accident.

Best,
Marcel
Am 16.06.2021 13:01:18 schrieb christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Marcel,

> -1
>
> It makes no sense to officially support a "nil" argument in this protocol.

partially it was already supported officially before (some parameters already were named "aWorldOrNil").

Do you think we should instead modify StandardSystemView >> #initialFrame to use #currentWorld instead of "nil" or are there any semantic differences?

Best,
Christoph