[squeak-dev] The Trunk: CollectionsTests-dtl.350.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 3 22:15:31 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 09:08:29AM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> > On Mar 2, 2021, at 3:59 AM, Christoph Thiede <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> >
> > ???Hi Dave,
> >
> > could there be something wrong with the ancestry of this version? The
> > notification email does not contain any visible diff and when updating my
> > image today, I got an MCEmptyDiffyVersion warning.
>
> +1

Yes, it looks like I made a mistake here. My intention was to bypass
CollectionsTests-jar.349 entirely by letting CollectionsTests-ul.348
be the sole ancestor of CollectionsTests-dtl.350 with no changes between
348 and 350. This was the wrong thing to do because many people already
had 349 loaded in their image.

I do not think that I can fix the 350 version without causing additional
problems for the update stream. It should  not cause a problem for the
update stream in general, but for everyone who had already updated to
349, a manual update of CollectionTests is probably necessary.

I apologize for the error :-(

Dave