[squeak-dev] Explorer / Inspector bug?

Jaromir Matas m at jaromir.net
Sat Mar 6 08:34:44 UTC 2021

> That sounds like a surprising feature/bug – either it should wait for 10
seconds, or it should throw an error, IMHO, but not simply disregard the
receiver. I'd prefer if it just did the expected thing, making #second and
#seconds synonyms.

+1. It bit me a couple of times already :)

I'm not sure it's grammatically 100% correct but in English there's e.g. a
five-second delay etc. sometimes written as five second delay...

Number >> second

	^ self sign seconds

Number >> sign
	"Answer 1 if the receiver is greater than 0, -1 if less than 0, else 0."

	self > 0 ifTrue: [^1].
	self < 0 ifTrue: [^-1].
	^0

-----