[squeak-dev] Bug in Process>>#terminate | Returning from unwind contexts

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 16 13:43:52 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

> Do not put a return "^" into an ensure block.

Thanks for the statement. In this case, I have two follow-up questions for
you:

1. So do you think #valueUninterruptably should be deprecated and
disrecommended entirely?

(Also note that in this method comment, Anthony Hannan already proposes a
terminate message "to get the entire process unwound" ... This might be
something similar to the new exception I considered in my previous post.)

2. Note that Jaromir has also found examples for unwind errors when
abandoning an error that has been raised from an unwind context. While they
also include control flow management, I think we cannot avoid such
situations in general.

Best,
Christoph

-----