[squeak-dev] BitBlt performance work for ARM32 & 64

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Mar 25 00:10:30 UTC 2021

We are *extremely* lucky that RPF has gifted us some of Ben Avison's time to revisit the BitBlt work he did in 2014 for the 32bit ARM vm in order to improve Scratch performance. Now he is going to work on extending that to support the 64bit ARM vm.

He's asking for a bit of information though;

- changes made to bitblt since then that might need attention. DIdn't we add a new rule or two some time back?
- the choices about int/ptr for 64 bit. I could swear there was a doc explaining it somewhere on the github site but haven't spotted it yet

tim
Strange OpCodes: BIK: Buggered if I Know