[squeak-dev] False merge conflicts

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat May 1 16:04:53 UTC 2021

Hi Nicolas,

yes, it's only confusing because we don't have meta information for the author of a recategorization. Even though I see that this would likely be overengineering. :-)

> A pity that I didn't see that those methods were miss-categorized, maybe it's not visually obvious when using message tracer...

Hmm, would it be a good idea to highlight the unclassified category in browsers using bold/italic font?

I've also been thinking for some time about displaying a small kind of dashboard in the SaveVersionDialog which could things such as: "slips" (halts/flags/Transcript) in code, uncategorized methods, and maybe even more things such as linter results (SwaLint) or test results. But this might be a performance problem and I guess that not everyone would like it ...

Best,
Christoph