[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1366.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 17 10:00:24 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

> Maybe an actual use case would help. Something bigger than "ProtoObject new isNil".

Of course, here are you:

Debug it:
ObjectTracer on: Morph new

In the trunk, this spawns an embarrassing number of additional debuggers while debugging the expression. With my proposed fix, not a single additional debugger is opened before you actually send a message to the morph.

Here is another example. Given any object of a class that reimplements #isArray in an erroneous way, this will break the simulator, too:

Object newSubclass
    compile: 'isArray ^self notYetImplemented';
    new "step through this"

> My impression was that even the BasicInspector struggled to deal with proxies.

I think I have fixed this issue via Tools-ct.1056/ToolsTests-ct.105.

Best,
Christoph