[squeak-dev] [BUG(s)] in Context control (#jump, #runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:)

Jaromir Matas m at jaromir.net
Mon May 17 18:06:55 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Thiede wrote
> The same goes for #runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom:, because when "here jump" is
> executed, "here" again is neither a sender of the block context, nor it
> has is return value on stack.
>
> In a nutshell, to us, it has been keeping an open question so far whether
> the other senders of #jump are legitime.

Just a quick answer to this one as I was just looking at it:
#runUntilErrorOrReturnFrom: is a different story - in this case "here" is
the context the #jump jumps from, i.e. "here" is the sender and #jump will
push nil to here's stack and make it a top context. Thus no fix needed.

In your case of #contextEnsure: the #jump happened from a context higher
above and "ctxt" wasn't the sender thus your fix was necessary.

best,

-----
^[^ Jaromir