[squeak-dev] Unable to load class with pool dictionary using Monticello

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 18 12:41:44 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

> This error message does not make sense to me since MyPool is not a class > but a pool dictionary.

You can use classes and global dictionaries as a shared pool.  From the system's perspective, it does not make any difference as long as #bindingOf: etc. is implemented. See class-side of SharedPool class. If you use a class as a shared pool in another class, the class variables will be shared. :-)

***

Yet, I think you found a bug. Maybe this was the reason why "FFI-Pools" exists in the first place. So that it can be loaded before "FFI-Kernel" xD

Best,
Marcel