[squeak-dev] Unable to load class with pool dictionary using Monticello

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue May 18 19:14:53 UTC 2021

> On 2021-05-18, at 10:02 AM, Vanessa Freudenberg <vanessa at codefrau.net> wrote:
>
> I’m certain we had a good reason to turn loadable shared pools into classes.

This is stuff Andreas & I did in 2003. By making the shared variables stuff classes we could map them into the version system decently so that they got loaded. It also makes them a bit more maintainable since you don't rely on magic doits to establish the contents.

One very important matter we bailed on (most definitely wimping out) was sorting out the TextConstants stuff. That is still awaiting some brave hero to ride into frame and Sort It Out.

tim
Useful random insult:- Monorail doesn't go all the way to Tomorrowland.