[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-dtl.1233.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:22:02 UTC 2021

> And as explained in the commit comment:
>
>   Skip chunks that begin with known extensions that are not meaningful
>   for Squeak, logging to Transcript to show chunks that have been ignored.

Magma implements a method called #classDefinition:.  I wanted to make sure
this wouldn't cause it to get skipped.  My test of filing out a single
method and also the whole class, seemed to work okay.

> With respect to the Cuis reference, my use case was installing
> VectorEnginePlugin in Squeak. The upstream repository for this plugin
> is on GitHub, which stores the portable Smalltalk code in chunk format
> with some Cuis extensions:
>

> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Packages/Features/VectorEnginePlugin.pck.st
>
> The plugin code is well-written and portable for at least Squeak and Cuis.
> The Cuis-specific chunks are not relevant to Squeak, so they can and
> should be ignored when filing in to Squeak.

Does this mean we can generally load Cuis code into Squeak now?  That
almost seems [ANN]-worthy.   :)

 - Chris