[squeak-dev] Balloon3D?

David Duke duke.j.david at gmail.com
Mon May 31 20:49:01 UTC 2021

Following links from  the Baloon3d page on squeak.org:
http://map.squeak.org/package/178bd01c-f698-41ab-9c73-d9278c65c241/default
there are/were versions for (1-1.0.3
<http://map.squeak.org/package/178bd01c-f698-41ab-9c73-d9278c65c241/autoversion/1>
, 2-1.0.4
<http://map.squeak.org/package/178bd01c-f698-41ab-9c73-d9278c65c241/autoversion/2>
)
--however both links end on  pages with broken links to sars

Baloon3d home also has a dead link to a 'Balloon3D' removal  package.

Qs: is there a copy of the original Baloon3D packages out there somewhere
that
might be used to build a new package, or is it necessary/desirable to start
again?
- any papers or design info that capture key decisions?

I'm aware that 3D on Squeak was in a way supeceded by Croquet/Cobalt
However that has a rather different use-case.
- I'm not too bothered by h/w acceleration.
- an elegant/customisable renderer is of more interest so happy to have
more of
it in Smalltalk provided speed is tolerable

thanks,
David Duke