[squeak-dev] Merge Request: autoEncloseBeforeSpace.cs

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 1 21:09:46 UTC 2021

Hi all!

This changeset refines the existing autoEnclose mechanism. Instead of having inserted enclosing brackets always, you can now activate a new preference to only insert these characters if there is any space after the cursor. This matches VS Code's setting value "beforeWhitespace" for "editor.autoClosingBrackets".

To me, this mode feels much more convenient because when having traditional autoEnclose enabled, I have been getting angry again and again when I wanted to bracketize an existing expression in some code and suddenly was disrupted by an unneeded closing bracket.

The changeset does not manipulate any defaults. The PreferenceWizard and the ReleaseBuilder are updated, too. Please honor the postscript of the changeset when merging it.

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk