[squeak-dev] New Core developer Christoph Thiede

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Nov 18 08:07:47 UTC 2021

Hi Dave, Dear board, Dear all,

thank you very much for this invitation and for your trust, and thank you Eliot for the nomination! I will honor this privilege and diligently apply it to enhance the benefit of Squeak and ward harm from it. Of course, I will continue to upload controversial proposals to the inbox first, as discussions are a great value of this community and its culture. Besides, I also would like to use my new rights to support other junior contributors in bringing their contributions to the Trunk, which is an activity for which I have the impression we are currently still lacking personal resources in some instances.

And yes, I keep having tons of ideas for Squeak and am looking so forward to implementing very many of them together with you, to reinforce the role of Squeak as a very special and pioneering programming system. Long live Squeak, long live the community! :-)

Best,

Christoph