[squeak-dev] Merge Request: browseUsersOfTrait.1.cs

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Nov 23 14:09:42 UTC 2021

Merged. See Tools-mt.1072 and Tools-mt.1073.

Best,
Marcel
Am 27.10.2021 23:39:12 schrieb christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Jakob,

> there seems to have been a query implemented already, doesn't it?

Well, yeah, that's not a secret, I had only wrapped this for the SystemNavigation:

    allUsersOf: aTrait

        ^ aTrait users collect: [:class | MethodReference class: class selector: #Definition]

But when you mentioned the word "hierarchy", you gave me a better idea of how we can integrate trait users into our base tooling ... Why not simply integrate "subtraits" (users) and "supertraits" (other traits from the trait composition) into the hierarchy browser? :D

I gave this a try, summarizing subclasses/trait users and superclasses/composed traits under a small protocol for "ancestors" and "sucsessors" on Behavior, and think that the result works pretty nice, at least for me. Please see the attached change set and the screenshot. Hope you like it. :-)

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk [https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-inbox-talk]