[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeaker: Like Docker, but for Squeak. You know, for kids.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 24 18:29:16 UTC 2021

> On 2021-11-18, at 9:27 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> And it would be easy to build a Squeak scripting engine scheme that would treat #!squeak appropriately

Actually, we pretty much did that a couple of years ago; people might remember the fibonacci benchmark thread.

What we learned was that Dave's DoItFirst package was a pretty useful starting pint, that Subbu knew an awesome bunch of deep unix stuff about binfmt, and that you really could make a script that would launch squeak to run a command. I'm sure we could make it even better.

The relevant posts seem to be accessible on forum.world.st if you search squeak-dev for 'fibonacci' and so on. Subbu's post is https://forum.world.st/ANN-DoItFirst-command-line-goodie-on-SqueakSource-tp5118489p5125141.html for example.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Visne saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio = Do you want to dance? I know the Funky Broadway.