[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeaker: Like Docker, but for Squeak. You know, for kids.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 24 18:34:39 UTC 2021

> On 2021-11-18, at 12:42 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com> wrote:
>
> I found myself in need of a way to script the production of clean images customised by some sequence of Smalltalk commands. ("Cattle, not pets.")
>
> Presto,
>
> 	https://github.com/tonyg/squeaker

That's interesting; I have a work related Squeak image that kinda-sorta does the same thing, though rather that-work-specific. Obviously the big advantage is that it is Squeak and not Python :-) It's a Seaside server rather than a command line thing, which has some obvious uses.

I wonder if combining the two ideas might work. I wonder if I might ever be able to find time to find out. I wonder, why do Lions?

tim
Strange OpCodes: DCVP: Destroy another Computer Via Phone-link