[squeak-dev] Brainstormlet for the Morphic team. would TerseGuide be better if its TOC where in alphabetical order
jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 17:29:17 UTC 2021
I believe it is ordered intentionally as it is and some related pages
would be separated by an alphabetical order.
- The first few pages incrementally get you started with the language.
- Beginning with Character, there are pages about specific data types
or data structures, which is more about protocol than about syntax or
- The Collection types are next to each other, Association belongs to
Dictionary and is introduced immediately before Dictionary.
- After the collections come the streams (which are kind of related to
- Point, Rectangle, and Pen are also related for geometry and drawing.
- Finally some advanced stuff about metaprogramming and programmatic
introspection (e. g. in Class / Metaclass), which you don't really
want to be high up the list for newcomers (after all C is the third
letter of the alphabet).
- Debugging might be helpful a bit earlier though.
Am Sa., 27. Nov. 2021 um 17:02 Uhr schrieb gettimothy via Squeak-dev
<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>:
> Hi Folks
> HelpBrowser openOn: TerseGuideHelp
> The table of contents is not in Alphabetical order.
> Would it be helpful if it was?
More information about the Squeak-dev