[squeak-dev] Monty XMLSAXParser and asFileReference incompatabilities

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Oct 13 20:22:59 UTC 2021

Hi Folks

I am working my way through the monty version of XML from: https://github.com/pharo-contributions/XML-XMLParser

It is going well and I want to run an initial time to run on a  73Gb XML file  I have.

Per the SAXHandler  class comment, I should:

ZStudySaxHandler parseFileNamed:'enwiki.xml'.

However a MNU: ByteString>>doeNotUnderstand: #asFIleReference in

XMLFileSystemHandle>>fileReference	^ fileReference ifNil: [fileReference := self path asFileReference]

IIRC, these things were dependencies during install that I left unresolved.

Now to my point:

I notice that squeak-smalltalk has what appears to be a compatibility layer or something: https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-filesystem  with a bunch of things that start with FS

Does anybody have any suggestions of using that to resolve that issue?

Thanks in advance.