[squeak-dev] inter-image communication and queueing suggestions?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Oct 15 11:33:58 UTC 2021

Marcel,

Thank you.

I have not found any information on sockets in SBE or PBE.  I will continue too look.

In my exploring, I thought JSON looked promising..pharo as a json server thingy that perhaps squeak could consume.

IIRC Stomp, which I have used previously on squeak has two side too, but I am not sure on this.

cheers,

---- On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 04:16:35 -0400 Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote ----

Hi Timothy --

If it is just a text stream, use sockets. If it is a data/byte stream ... well ... I am not sure whether the byte interpretation for structured objects is still compatible between Pharo and Squeak.

Maybe you could also use a file and two file streams, a writer in Pharo and a reader in Squeak, as intermediary ...

Best,

Marcel