[squeak-dev] How do I tell FileStream not to barf on invalid UTF8        characters?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Oct 22 15:36:45 UTC 2021

Hi Levente

The wikimedia downloads area states that there is some garbage in their sources and to be prepared for them.

Sorry for the "Barf" , I will try to be precise in the future.  InvalidUTF8  was, iirc, the error raised.

I will try again tonight with that global setting turned off.

Thanks for your help.

---- On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 10:32:14 -0400 Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote ----

Your file should not have such invalid characters in the first place.
Is your file really UTF-8 encoded?

It's also not clear what you mean by "barf", so I'll just assume that it
raises InvalidUTF8 errors.
You can suppress those globally by turning off the #strictUtf8Conversions
preference.

Levente