[squeak-dev] Moose for Squeak?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 23 00:51:18 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 05:06:35PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Has anyone any experience in using Moose with Squeak? Either as in reading
> Squeak code into Moose-pharo, or loading Moose into Squeak directly?
>
> Or indeed any other tool of a similar nature? I've seen Dandelion, which
> seems like an intersting but much lighter-weight tool.

I have no experience with Moose other than reading references to it
on the Pharo mailing list. But it predates Pharo and appears to be
designed as an analytical tool for various languages, including Java
and therefore presumably also Pharo, Squeak, Cuis, etc.

I just downloaded the Linux package from moosetechology.org/#install
and it started and runs very nicely in the expected way.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that trying to make Moose run
in Squeak would not be a productive use of your time, but using the
actual Moose distribution as a tool to analyze Squeak code might be
worthwhile.

Dave