[squeak-dev] Image damaged due to IO error while saving

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Sep 3 22:48:37 UTC 2021

On Fri, Sep 03, 2021 at 06:24:32PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2021 at 10:04:18PM +0000, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> > Truncate? It has still a very usual file size ... But when I try to open it, the VM asks me for another image file, so apparently, it cannot read it. No idea what's going on here ...
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Christoph

Actually, I need to retract this. There actually *is* a nil check,
and it works as advertised for the case of a Unix VM trying to
save the image to a write protected file. So I think we would
need to understand the actual write failure that happened on Windows,
and see if the Windows VM is handling it in an appropriate way.

Dave