[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-ul.1411.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri Sep 10 20:55:50 UTC 2021

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Hi Levente --
>
> > removed Integer >> #isPowerOfTwo because it was not used: all subclasses implement that method
> Hmm... what about removing the one in SmallInteger instead bc. its implementation is not that special. #strictlyPositive might be deprecated as well, looking at its 4 senders. Maybe just replace those few integer uses with ">
> 0" instead.

#strictlyPositive is a necessity because #positive doesn't do what you
would expect to do.
I disagree with the removal of SmallInteger's implementation. All
subclasses implement the method optimally based on their own properties.
Why should SmallInteger be an exception?
Why isn't #subclassResponsibility good enough for Integer - an abstract
class?

Levente