[squeak-dev] MethodDictionary >> #select: not working

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Sep 20 07:47:32 UTC 2021

Hi there.

I think I found a bug in MethodDictionary. Try this:

	UIManager methodDict select: [:ea | ea selector beginsWith: 'chooseFrom']

Expected: A dictionary (I don't care which specialization) that I can enumerate to retrieve ca. 10 selectors.
Actual result: Answer looks empty in the inspector and in the print string; however, the array is not empty. The invariant mentioned in the class comment ((self basicAt: index) isNil = (array at: index) isNil) is violated.

Maybe any of our Collections experts feels like looking into this - for now, I'm going to convert the dictionary before filtering it. :-)

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk