[squeak-dev] MethodDictionary >> #select: not working

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Tue Sep 21 11:59:18 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Hi all --
> I just moved Kernel-eem.1415 from Trunk to Inbox because it breaks the update stream due to missing checkpoints in the update map.

The update mechanism ought to
- load all new methods first
- then apply method changes
- and finally delete methods
What you described sounds like a bug in the update mechanism.

> I am in favor of Levente's fix (i.e., Kernel-ul.1415) because it does not need any checkpoints but directly loads into Trunk.

I tend to prefer my version because it keeps the trigger for #grow in a
single place (HashedCollection >> #atNewIndex:put:) in the whole
HashedCollection hierarchy, and it does not duplicate code.

Levente