[squeak-dev] Porting Speech/TTS to Squeak Trunk (was: Speech.sar is missing)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 25 15:25:24 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

I discovered by accident today that the message below might make
no sense to you because the author initials that I intended to
send to you probably appeared as two unicode characters when you
read it. It looked right to me in my text mode mail reader, but
when I look at it on the mail archive it has been converted back
to unicode.

My apologies for the confusion.

What I intended to say is that if you log on to squeaksource.com
with auther initials c​t (nine 8 bit ascii characters to
me, and probably nine unicode characters for you), then you should
be able to log in to your existing account.

Chatting with Marcel today, he explained that he had a similar
issue (someone on squeaksource.com had previously used 'mt'),
and he solved it by registering himself as 'mt2'. You may want
to do something similar, perhaps registering yourself as 'ct2'
for the squeaksource.com account.

I think that I have found a way to protect against this kind
of error in squeaksource. I can see that there are validate
rules in the form input, so I'll see if I can add a rule to
prevent the use of author initials that do not look like
author initials.

Dave