[squeak-dev] Cannot load FFI on Squeak 6 alpha 20608/pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Sep 27 18:36:22 UTC 2021

Trying to load FFI to check my old GPIO hardware driving code.

It needs FFI. FFI has a ConfigurationOfxxxx. Load that.

Run `ConfigurationOfFFI load`
Nothing - because it is trying to do the #ensureMetacello thing and wants to fetch Gofer from http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello which seems to be dead. Bit of a problem.

If I dig a bit I find that it seems we want to load ConfigurationOfFFI>>#version20:

Try to run the FFI tests and BOOM! So evidently sometihng isn't terribly happy.

Going through all the install again to at least try my actual package results in a syntax error
id: i i2cClose: handle
	"Disconnect from the i2c device, freeing the handle etc.
	returns 0 if ok, otherwise GpioBadHandle"
	#<cdecl: long "Nothing more expected ->"'i2c_close' (long ulong) module: 'pigpiod_if2'>
	^self externalCallFailed

Now so far as I can see it appears that the initial # in front of the <cdecl is no longer accepted? Is that the case?

tim
A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.